PHOENIX - Sky Harbor says fans will not be allowed to greet the Phoenix Suns at the airport when they return home from Milwaukee during the NBA Finals.
"There will NOT be any opportunities at the Airport for fans to see & interact with the @Suns when they arrive in PHX after NBA Finals games," Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport tweeted on July 9.
Instead, Sky Harbor officials urge fans to seek out organized events for an opportunity to cheer on the Suns.
After defeating the Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference Finals, the Suns returned to Phoenix and were greeted by hundreds of fans at Sky Harbor.
The Suns defeated the Bucks 118-108 on Thursday night and have a 2-0 series lead in the NBA Finals.
- Halfway there: Phoenix Suns beat Milwaukee Bucks for 2-game lead in NBA Finals
- Phoenix Suns fan shares story of special friendship with Devin Booker
- From humble beginnings, Phoenix Suns Arena General Manager witnessed the team's rise over the years
- Excited Suns fan gets Chris Paul tattooed on his leg as team gets closer to NBA title
- Suns' Saric suffers torn ACL, out indefinitely
Tune in to FOX 10 Phoenix for the latest news:
Get breaking news alerts in the FREE FOX 10 News app. Download for Apple iOS or Android.