PHOENIX - Phoenix Suns forward Dario Saric suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Tuesday night and is out indefinitely, the team announced on July 7.
Saric’s knee appeared to buckle when he landed on a jump stop while trying to score against Milwaukee’s Brook Lopez. Shortly afterwards, he limped off the court and into the locker room.
He didn't return to the game.
Saric came off the bench for the Suns, averaging 4.8 points and 2.6 rebounds in about 11 minutes per game. Without him, Williams turned to Torrey Craig for more minutes in the first half and also used Frank Kaminsky, who hasn’t played much in the postseason.
The Suns defeated the Bucks 118-105 to take a 1-0 series lead.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Latest Phoenix Suns news
- Chris Paul carries Phoenix Suns past Giannis, Milwaukee Bucks in NBA Finals opener
- NBA Finals friendly wager between mayors, governors
- Gospel duo Mary Mary inspires Phoenix Suns Chris Paul's hand-written lyrics on shoes
- Suns-mobile: Phoenix Suns fan has painted lowrider from 1993 playoffs
- Phoenix Suns help revive small, local businesses during NBA Finals
Tune in to FOX 10 Phoenix for the latest news:
Get breaking news alerts in the FREE FOX 10 News app. Download for Apple iOS or Android.