PHOENIX (KSAZ) - The Amazon warehouse near 51st Avenue and Mohave was evacuated early Wednesday morning because of an expanding butane drum.
The Phoenix Fire Department evacuated 75 employees from the building at 4750 W. Mohave St., because a 55-gallon drum of butane was under pressure and swelling abnormally.
A robot was brought to the scene to drill into the drum to alleviate the built-up pressure inside of it.
The hole was drilled successfully and the drum was safely removed from the warehouse.
Amazon released a statement following the evacuation saying that the, "safety of our employees is our top priority."