SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Scottsdale nightlife could be coming to a halt. Multiple hospitality groups have announced they are shutting their doors.
The closures include places like Hi-Fi Kitchen and Cocktails, Sandbar Mexican Grill, Casa Amigos Tacos and Tequila, and The Mint Ultra Lounge.
In a statement, the company says the closure is "an effort to best support and protect our team and our guests during this uncertain time."
"For me, it was an easy decision to make because we don’t want to spread and the safety of both our staff and our customers," said owner Les Corieri. "It was the right move to do."
The group has not announced when the locations will reopen.
A second group, Riot Hospitality Group, announced the closure of its bars and restaurants on Tuesday, with an anticpated reopen date of April 1.
These establishments include El Heje Super Macho Taqueria, Dierks Bentley's Whiskey Row, Farm & Craft, Hand Cut Burgers & Chophouse, and Riot House
While there's no official mandate, the Arizona Department of Health Services is "strongly recommending" that dining establishments in Maricopa County discourage dine-in customers.
In order to protect yourself from a possible infection, the CDC recommends:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
FULL COVERAGE: fox10phoenix.com/coronavirus
How it spreads, symptoms, prevention, treatment, FAQ
Arizona COVID-19 Response
Public resources, FAQ, webinars