Officer Indicted in Fatal Shooting of Anthony Hill

Olsen has been indicted on two counts of felony murder, one count of aggravated assault, one count of making a false statement, and two counts of violation of oath by a public officer.

App users: Click here to watch video

The DeKalb County District Attorney said the felony murder charges stem from the aggravated assault and violating his oath as a certified Georgia peace officer charges.

As men and women filed into the Courthouse Thursday morning, members of various groups, including Rise Up Georgia, SCLC and Black Lives Matter, chanted and held signs bearing Anthony Hill's name. They said they wanted to be sure every potential grand jury member knew Hill was naked, unarmed, and diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when he was fatally shot by Officer Olsen on March 9, 2015.

Neighbors at the Chamblee apartment complex where Hill lived called 911 that day and said Hill was behaving erratically--running and crawling around on the ground naked and frantically knocking on doors. Officer Olsen has told investigators Hill lunged at him and said he was running backwards ordering Hill to stop charging towards him when they encountered one another in the parking lot that afternoon. Days after the shooting, DeKalb's Public Safety Director told members of the Atlanta press corps that Officer Olsen feared for his life when he fired two shots at Hill.

Sources told FOX 5 News the panel heard from several witnesses--including Hill's neighbors and experts in "Use of Force" procedures. They also heard from District Attorney Robert James-who spelled out the evidence he believes amounts to Violation of the Oath of Office, Making False Statements, Aggravated Assault and Felony Murder. The final statement will come from Officer Olsen, who has been on paid administrative leave since the fatal shooting. No one will be allowed to ask Olsen any questions and the jury will begin considering the facts of the case shortly afterwards. It will be up to the panel to decide if they want to continue reviewing the case through the evening or return Friday morning.

A grand jury recommended the case have "further investigation be conducted to aid in the decision to pursue this case" back in October 2015.