11-year-old boy burned, Christmas tree wiring is blamed
PHOENIX (KSAZ) - An 11-year-old boy was burned early this morning near 35th Avenue and Southern, and wiring on the family Christmas tree is being blamed as the cause.
The fire broke out at around 3am on Sunday morning. Phoenix Fire crews say they transported an 11-year-old boy to the hospital with burns to his hands and face.
Four people -- a mother and three kids -- all got out of the house after the smoke detectors went off. The kitchen and dining room on the first floor suffered the most damage.
The child is expected to be OK.