Perk Eatery shares their overnight breakfast casserole recipe.
1 loaf Challah bread (sliced thick)
6 large eggs
1 cups half and half
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Chopped pecans or walnuts
2-3 large bananas
1. Slice French bread into slices, 1 inch each. Arrange slices in a
generously buttered 9 X 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping
2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla,
cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk until blended but not too bubbly.
3. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly
with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the
4. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Spread Pecans and sliced bananas evenly over the bread and bake for 40
minutes, until puffed and lightly golden.
Let cool slightly, cut and serve with warm maple syrup.