PHOENIX (KSAZ) - Donald Trump made a historic and long-awaited speech about immigration in Phoenix on Wednesday.
>>VIDEO: Watch a recap of Trump's speech
Some recently speculated the Republican nominee was softening his stance on the subject, but Trump came out of the gates, touting his plans to build the infamous wall along our southern border as part of his 10 point plan:
1. "We will build a great wall along the southern border."
2. "We are going to end catch-and-release."
3. "Zero tolerance for criminal aliens. Zero."
4. "Block funding for sanctuary cities. No more funding."
5. "Cancel unconstitutional executive orders and enforce all immigration laws."
6. "We are going to suspend the issuance of visas to any place where adequate screening cannot occur."
7. "We will ensure that other countries take their people back when we order them deported."
8. "We will finally complete the biometric entry-exit visa tracking system, which we need desperately."
9. "We will turn off the jobs and benefits magnet."
10. "We will reform legal immigration to serve the best interests of America and its workers, the forgotten people."
During Trump's speech, he brought a group on stage, whose children and family members were killed by undocumented immigrants. Among them, the mother of Mesa Police Sgt. Brandon Mendoza, who was killed in a head-on collision with an illegal immigrant who was driving under the influence; and the father of 21-year-old Grant Ronnebeck, who was working at a Mesa QT gas station last year when he was shot and killed by an undocumented immigrant. The parents are lobbying for changes to immigration laws.