Bishop Thomas Olmsted and another priest are being tested and are now quarantined.
As a result, the diocese says the following parishioners should consider being tested for COVID-19:
- Anyone who attended 6 P.M. mass for the past two Sundays at Saints Simon and Jude Cathedral
- Anyone who came into contact with Father Rafael Umana
"Fr. Rafael Umaña has tested positive for COVID-19. His condition has steadily improved, and he has been taking extra precautions in the rectory for everyone’s health and safety," a statement from the diocese reads.
Read the full statement here.
In order to protect yourself from a possible infection, the CDC recommends:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
FULL COVERAGE: fox10phoenix.com/coronavirus