Here's a look at the latest police investigations, fires, crashes and other incidents that are happening around the Valley for Jan 1-7.
This will be updated as police and fire departments release information about their investigations throughout the week.
To learn more about each incident, click on the icon in the map.
- 35th Avenue and Grovers, Phoenix - Officers were called to the scene found two men with gunshot wounds. One was declared dead at the scene, and the other was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
- Lincoln Drive and 46th Street, Paradise Valley - Two people were hit by a car as they were trying to help an injured dog out of the road in Paradise Valley, police said.
- 51st Avenue and I-10, Phoenix - A man was found who had been shot. He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, Phoenix Police said.
- 70th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road, Maricopa County - At around 2:15 a.m., deputies with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a shooting. That's where they learned a drive-by shooting killed one person and injured two others.
- 27th and Southern avenues, Phoenix - A family of six is without a home after their 2-story house caught fire around 5:35 a.m. There are no reported injuries and the cause is under investigation.
- 237th Avenue & Mohave Street, Buckeye - A man was found shot in the backyard of a home in Buckeye early in the morning. Police say that man was reported to have been in the homeowner's backyard. The homeowner shot the intruder and that man is in critical condition.
- Central Avenue and Dobbins Road, Phoenix - Jesten Calderon Jimenez, 26, was arrested after crashing into another driver around 1 a.m. in Phoenix on Jan. 6. The other driver has critical injuries, police said. Jimenez was reportedly under the influence.
- 67th and Glendale avenues, Glendale - A mobile home was destroyed in a fire. Four people are displaced and were not hurt.
- 87th Avenue and Bell Road, Peoria - An officer and a suspect were hospitalized following a shooting. The officer suffered non-life-threatening injuries, police said. The suspect's injuries are unknown.
- 32nd Avenue and Palm Lane, Phoenix - Firefighters say no one was hurt when a small fire broke out in the attic of a home.
- 39th Avenue and McDowell Road, Phoenix - A man and a woman are dead after they were found shot in west Phoenix, police said.
- 29th Avenue and Roosevelt Street, Phoenix - A water main broke in the area, flooding streets in a neighborhood.
- Near the I-10 and Wild Horse Pass, Gila River Indian Community - Officials said a person was shot in the face in what appears to be a road rage incident.
- 35th Avenue and Orangewood, Phoenix - Police said a person died, and another person was taken to the hospital, following a shooting in the area.
- Hawes and Guadalupe Roads, Mesa - Police are investigating an apparent murder-attempted suicide involving a man and a woman in the area.
- 55th Avenue and Thomas Road, Phoenix - A man is dead after police say he was hit by a car. The victim was identified as 41-year-old Jose Gomez, and the driver allegedly involved stayed at the scene after the collision.
- Guadalupe and Hawes Roads, Mesa - Police say a woman is dead and a man is hurt following an apparent murder-attempted suicide.
- 51st Avenue and Camelback Road, Phoenix - Police say a driver was processed for DUI after hitting and killing a pedestrian who was sleeping in the road near a shopping cart. No identities were released.
- 157th Avenue and West Waddell Road, Surprise - Police arrest three juvenile suspects following an incident in the area. One of the three was shot, according to police, and was taken to the hospital with injuries that are not considered to be life-threatening.
- 61st Avenue and Northern, Glendale - A fire involving an apartment building's second floor kitchen was extinguished by firefighters. A woman and her dog were displaced as a result. No firefighters were injured.
- Robson and Main Street, Mesa - Three people were not seriously hurt in a crash between a garbage truck and a light rail train, firefighters said.
- 67th and Clarendon Avenues, Phoenix - A woman is dead after she was hit by a car in west Phoenix. Police say the driver stayed at the scene.
- 27th Avenue and Camelback Road, Phoenix - Firefighters extinguished a small fire on the patio of a home. No one was hurt.
- Interstate 10 and 35th Avenue, Phoenix - An Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper was critically hurt in a crash. The trooper was hospitalized in stable condition.
- 91st Avenue and Latham Street, Tolleson - A woman in Tolleson was shot after a bullet came through her apartment wall from the adjacent building, police said.
- Litchfield and Indian School Roads, Goodyear - A suspect was arrested following a rollover crash involving a stolen vehicle that left a woman dead, police said.
- Central Avenue and Willetta Street, Phoenix - A man died after being hit by a vehicle. Impairment is not believed to be a factor in the collision, police said.
- 7th Street and Thunderbird Road, Phoenix - Firefighters battled a fire at a vacant home. No firefighters were hurt.
- 51st Avenue and Osborn Road, Phoenix - No injuries were reported when a semi-truck crashed into a canal.
- 23rd Avenue and Cactus Road, Phoenix - A family of seven was displaced following a fire that started in the garage of a home.
- Yuma Road and 241st Avenue, Buckeye - Police say a man who fired several gunshots into the air on New Year's Day was arrested.
- 1st Avenue and Roosevelt Street, Phoenix - Patio furniture caught fire on the 18th floor of an apartment building. The fire was put out and the building wasn't impacted, Phoenix Fire said.
- Greenway Road and Grand Avenue, Surprise - A 20-year-old man is dead following a shooting in Surprise on New Year's Day, the police department said. Officers heard from witnesses that two neighbors got into an argument before the shooting broke out.
- Loop 202 and 40th Street, Phoenix - A disabled car was blocking the right lane on Loop 202 Monday afternoon.
- Alma School Road and University Drive, Mesa - A teen is expected to survive after being shot in the leg, police said.
- 29th Street and Greenway Road, Phoenix - A man was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries following a fight.
- 107th Avenue and Madison Street, Avondale - A pedestrian was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries following a crash that involved an Avondale Police vehicle. Goodyear Police has been contacted by Avondale Police officials to conduct an investigation into the matter.