SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - A Scottsdale detention officer is behind bars after being accused of sexual conduct with a minor.
Scottsdale Police had received a tip on June 12 about Tony Michael Ekiss for "alleged crimes" that he committed in the city of Surprise.
Ekiss resigned from the police department after his arrest, and faces a number of charges, including:
- 8 counts of sexual conduct with a minor
- Sexual exploitation
- Aggravated luring of a minor for sexual exploitation
- Surreptitious photography
- Child molestation
- Furnishing harmful items to minors
No other information was released about his case.
More Arizona news
- Teen, man and woman critically hurt in 2-car Phoenix crash
- Toddler in critical condition after near-drowning at Chandler home
- Buckeye plane crash ends with 2 people killed
Tony Michael Ekiss