"The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recognizes the benefits of physical activity particularly in this time of the COVID-19 pandemic. The challenge is to support physical activity in a manner that follows federal, state, county, and district public health guidelines to reduce the spread of illness amongst athletes, coaches, athletic training staff, and the community," the AIA document read in part.
AIA is strongly recommending anyone who can get the COVID-19 vaccine to get it.
Fully vaccinated people can:
- Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing at all team activities except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, territorial, or school district laws, rules and regulations
- Resume competition schedules that require travel outside of their local community without testing before or aftertravel
- Resume domestic travel without testing upon return or having to self-quarantine after arriving backRefrain from testing following a known exposure if asymptomaticRefrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
Those who remain unvaccinated must follow all COVID-19 guidelines, including mask-wearing, social distancing, and bringing their own athletic gear such as water bottles and balls.
The AIA guidelines set out protocols for athletes and coaches who feel ill, who need to quarantine, and who are ready to return to sports after recovering from the virus.
Read the full document here.
- Moderna to add more children to COVID-19 vaccine studies at FDA’s request
- How to sign up and schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment
- What you need to know as COVID-19 vaccination efforts continue in Arizona
Tune in to FOX 10 Phoenix for the latest news: