Here's a look at the latest police investigations, fires, crashes and other incidents that are happening around the Valley for Dec. 4-10.
This will be updated as police and fire departments release information about their investigations throughout the week.
To learn more about each incident, click on the icon in the map.
- 35th Avenue and Bell Road, Phoenix - A family of 4 is displaced following a house fire Sunday night. Smoke was coming from the attic when firefighters arrived.
- Pima and Cave Creek roads, Carefree - A motorcyclist was killed by a hit-and-run driver Sunday afternoon in Carefree, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office says. The driver was in only what's described as a pickup truck.
- US 60 and Superstition Springs Boulevard, Mesa - At around 7:15 p.m. on Dec. 10, ADOT posted to X a photo of smoke coming from a car fire on a US 60 ramp at Superstition Springs Boulevard.
- I-10 and Dysart Road, Avondale - At around 3:15 p.m., officers responded to reports of an "erratic" person with a knife threatening an employee at the Walmart near I-10 and Dysart Road.
- I-17 and Dove Valley Road, Phoenix - A toddler was pulled from a backyard pool and was breathing, Phoenix Fire said. The child was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
- Camelback Mountain, Phoenix - A hiker was rescued off of Echo Canyon Trial after a medical emergency. She was flown off the mountain and didn't want to be taken to the hospital.
- 41st Street and Thomas Road, Phoenix - At around 5:40 p.m., officers responded to reports of a crash. When they got there, they found John Ybarra, 55. He died from his injuries.
- Jomax Road and Hayden Road, Scottsdale - At around 1 a.m., Scottsdale Police officers responded to reports of a UTV crash. Two people were taken to the hospital for injuries and one of them died. They are all juveniles and will not be identified.
- 19th Avenue and Camelback Road, Phoenix - A teen boy was killed in a Phoenix shooting, the police department said.
- Scottsdale Road and Palo Verde Lane, Scottsdale - Scottsdale Firefighters responded to a garage fire in the area. 2 people were rescued and were treated for smoke inhalation.
- 59th Avenue and McDowell Road, Phoenix - Phoenix Police officers responded to a shooting in the area 5 a.m. When they got there, they found a man who had been shot. His injuries aren't life-threatening.
- 19th Avenue and Indian School Road, Phoenix - A fire broke out at a Phoenix strip mall. Crews arrived to heavy smoke from a vape store. Nearby businesses were impacted by the smoke. A cause hasn't been named yet.
- 27th Avenue and Missouri, Phoenix - A man was shot in the area, according to police. He was later found dead in the area of 26th Avenue and Pierson Street, which is nearby.
- Near Miller Road and Osborn, Scottsdale - Fire officials say crews from Tempe, Scottsdale and Phoenix battled a fire that affected two homes in the area. No injuries were reported, but those who live in the homes affected have been displaced.
- Grand Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road, Surprise - A junk yard fire was reported.
- 74th Street and San Miguel Avenue, Scottsdale - Heavy black smoke was seen coming from a home's garage. Two people were rescued and treated for smoke inhalation.
- 39th Avenue and Cactus Road, Phoenix - A man escaped from police custody as he was being processed at a police station, officials say. He was later arrested nearby.
- Tatum and Thunderbird, Phoenix - Fire officials say four people, including a child, were taken to the hospital in critical condition following a multi-car crash.
- 22nd Avenue and Dove Valley Road, Phoenix - A hot air balloon crashed in the area, according to fire officials. No injuries were reported.
- Country Club Drive and University, Mesa - Crews battled a fire at a vacant apartment building in the area.
- Near I-17 and Cactus, Phoenix - A gas leak at an apartment in the area prompted dozens of residents to evacuate.
- 99th Avenue and Lower Buckeye, Phoenix - Police say a woman was shot in the leg by an unknown male suspect. She was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
- 76th Avenue and Indian School Road, Phoenix - Officers say a man was found with a gunshot wound and later hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. The suspect left the area prior to police arriving at the scene.
- 25th Avenue and Greenway, Phoenix - Firefighters from Phoenix and Glendale battled an apartment fire in the area. The fire resulted in the death of one person. Another person was taken to the hospital due to an unrelated medical emergency, according to officials.
- 51st Avenue and Baseline Road, Phoenix - "Officers responded to a shooting can near a business at 51st Avenue and Baseline Road just after 8 pm. When officers arrived, they found a man with a gunshot wound. The fire department responded and transported the man to the hospital with a non-life-threatening injury. The victim stated the suspect left the area in a vehicle before police arrived. Detectives will be en route to investigate the shooting.," Phoenix Police said.
- Riggs Road near SR-347, Maricopa County - A van reportedly carrying student-athletes in Maricopa County collided with another car, killing one person and injuring several others Wednesday afternoon.
- Near Broadway Road and Lazona Drive, Mesa - A person suffered a minor burn to his hand following a small attic fire, according to officials.
- Eastbound I-10 and Litchfield Road, Goodyear - A Toyota Prius collided with the rear end of a disabled cement mixer, according to DPS, resulting in the Prius driver's death.
- 75th Avenue and Indian School Road, Phoenix - A man was shot at a home in the area and died at the scene, according to police.
- 83rd Avenue and McDowell Road, Phoenix - Phoenix Police responded to a shooting in the area around 8:30 p.m. They found a shooting victim who was taken to the hospital and is expected to be OK. "Preliminary information indicates that the shooting occurred during the attempted robbery of the victim," police said.
- 48th Street and Southern Avenue, Tempe - At around 6 p.m., Tempe first responders tended to a motorcycle crash victim after they collided with a car. The motorcyclist was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Impairment isn't a factor, police say.
- Southbound I-17 near McDowell Road, Phoenix - A pregnant woman and an infant were taken to the hospital following a crash. Minor to moderate injuries were reported, according to DPS officials.
- 36th Street and Oak, Phoenix - A crash in the area resulted in the death of a motorcyclist, according to police.
- 56th and Washington streets, Tempe - After days of searching for a body in a storm drain, Phoenix and Tempe rescue teams were able to get to it.
- McDowell Road and 51st Avenue, Phoenix - Seven people, including a teen and two kids, were injured in a Phoenix crash Monday night. Two of the victims needed to be extricated from their cars.
- Greenfield and Guadalupe roads, Gilbert - A one-and-a-half-year-old child died from an apparent drowning around 2:30 p.m. An investigation is ongoing.
- 27th Avenue and Deer Valley Road, Phoenix - A fire at a mobile home in the area displaced one person. Fire officials say that person was rescued by a Good Samaritan.
- Cave Creek Road and Union Hills Drive, Phoenix - Two people were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to Phoenix Fire officials, following a two-vehicle crash.
- Gilbert and Ellsworth, Mesa - Officers responded to reports of a stabbing in the area. A person was taken to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, while a suspect has been taken into custody.
- Southbound I-17 at Greenway, Phoenix - DPS officials say a two-vehicle injury crash involving a motorcycle resulted in the freeway's right lane being blocked.