Be aware of these Super Bowl traffic closures in the Phoenix area
PHOENIX - While Super Bowl season is an exciting time for Arizona and the rest of the country, there's one thing residents are likely dreading the most: the traffic.
Here are some of the traffic restrictions to watch out for this week:
If drivers need to access downtown Phoenix throughout the week, they'll need to be prepared for a slew of closures.
The city recommends taking the light rail if possible to get around these restrictions.
You can download the NFL OnePass app to get free train fare to and from all the Super Bowl events downtown. Learn more here.
- 1st Street between Portland and Roosevelt (until Feb. 12)
- 2nd Street between Taylor and Van Buren (until Feb. 13)
- 3rd Street between Fillmore and Taylor (until Feb. 13)
- 3rd Street between Washington and Jefferson (until Feb. 13)
- 5th Street between Monroe and Van Buren (until Feb. 14)
- Taylor Street between 2nd Street and 3rd Street (until Feb. 13)
- Moreland between 3rd Street and 5th Street (until Feb. 15)
- Culver Street between 3rd Avenue and Central Avenue (until Feb. 12)
- Washington between 2nd Street and 5th Street (until Feb. 14)
- 1st Street between Moreland and Portland (until Feb. 16)
- 2nd Street between Van Buren and Washington (until Feb. 14)
- 2nd Street between Moreland and Roosevelt (until Feb. 15)
- 2nd Street between Willetta and Culver (until Feb. 15)
- 3rd Street between Taylor and Van Buren (until Feb. 13)
- 3rd Street between Van Buren and Washington (until Feb. 14)
- 5th Street between Monroe and Washington (until Feb. 14)
- Monroe between 2nd Street and 7th Street (until Feb. 14)
- Polk Street between 1st Street and 2nd Street (until Feb. 13)
- Portland Street between 1st Street and 2nd Street (until Feb.15)
- Moreland Street between 1st Street and 3rd Street (until Feb. 15)
Get the full map of street closures in Phoenix here: https://www.phoenix.gov/streets/street-closures
Mobile-friendly version here.
To find potential routes for getting downtown, read our guide here.
The following closures will be in effect in Glendale around State Farm Stadium:
- Loop 101 on-ramps at Cardinals Way and Camelback Road
- 95th Avenue between Cardinals Way and Maryland (until Feb. 17)
- Maryland between 93rd Avenue to 95th Avenue (until Feb. 14)
- Cardinals Way (eastbound lane) between 91st and 95th avenues
Super Bowl attendees parking in the pink, blue, yellow, gray and green lots north of the stadium will need to exit on Northern Avenue.
Guests in the green and gray lots from the south will have to exit on Indian School Road.
For directions to get there, check out our guide.
Main Street is closed between Scottsdale Road and Brown Avenue for the Historic Old Town ESPN Main Street Tailgate.
More Super Bowl coverage
- Super Bowl LVII: A guide for getting around downtown Phoenix and Glendale for Super Bowl events
- Super Bowl 2023: Here's a list of events leading up to the big game in Arizona
- Super Bowl LVII in Arizona: Fan events announced in downtown Phoenix
- Super Bowl LVII: Phoenix area restaurants get ready for big weekend