Here's a look at the latest police investigations, fires, crashes and other incidents that are happening around the Valley for Aug. 21-27.
This will be updated as police and fire departments release information about their investigations throughout the week.
To learn more about each incident, click on the icon in the map.
- 23rd Avenue and Indian School Road, Phoenix - A man is in the hospital and a gunman is on the run after a shooting at a Phoenix gas station. The victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition. There's no word on a possible motive or a description of the suspect.
- Fire breaks out at a Phoenix Children's Hospital building undergoing construction
- Glen Harbor Boulevard and 90th Avenue, Peoria - Several homes in the neighborhood were evacuated due to a leak in a two-inch gas line, fire officials said. Traffic was shut down in the area while repairs were made. Residents were allowed to return to their homes about 90 minutes later, but one westbound lane of Glen Harbor will be shut down for Southwest Gas to make a permanent fix.
- 43rd Avenue and Indian School Road, Phoenix - A motorcyclist died in a crash at around 5:30 a.m. after a car turning into a private drive struck him. Police originally said Victor Quibas, 62, would survive, but his condition deteriorated, and he passed away at the hospital. The driver stayed at the scene and didn't show signs of impairment, police said.
- Suspect arrested after Mesa barricade situation
- Sunrise Trail, Scottsdale - A 66-year-old hiker in Scottsdale was overcome by heat and was rescued. He was treated with IV fluids.
- North Mountain, Phoenix - A hiker was overcome by heat and was rescued by firefighters.
- Phoenix shooting suspect on the run
- 43rd Drive and Stetson Hills, Phoenix - A two-car crash sent four people to the hospital. Three of them are in critical condition.
- Desert Ridge High School student accused of bringing a gun to campus
- Hundreds of ASU students displaced by dorm fire
- Woman dies following road-rage shooting in west Phoenix
- Man accused of assaulting officers in Scottsdale
- 37th and Van Buren streets, Phoenix - "Just before 7:00 p.m., an officer was in the area of 37th Street and Van Buren Street when a vehicle turned left in front of their patrol vehicle causing a collision. The officer involved sustained minor injuries and was not transported to a hospital for treatment. The adult male driver of the other vehicle involved was contacted and determined to be impaired. He was arrested and processed for DUI," Phoenix Police said.
- Crash prompts Loop 202 closure in East Phoenix
- 83rd Avenue and Sherman Street, Goodyear - A 5-year-old was found in a pool and was taken to the hospital. The child's condition isn't known.
- I-17 and Bethany Home Road, Phoenix - "Arizona DPS Highway Patrol Troopers are currently investigating a seven-vehicle collision on southbound I-17 at milepost 204. There do not appear to be any major injuries at this time and troopers are attempting to clear the collision from the roadway now," DPS said.
- 8-vehicle crash in Mesa leaves at least 1 person dead
- 3 people attacked by bees in Scottsdale
- 113th Avenue and Buckeye Road, Avondale - A man and four kids were hospitalized with minor injuries after a car accident.
- Car crashes into Phoenix home, killing grandfather sleeping inside
- Prescott Valley woman gets call saying her son was kidnapped, is nearly scammed out of $15K: Chandler PD
- Woman abducted from Phoenix car dealership rescued in northern Arizona
- City bus crashes into Glendale house
- 'Possible explosive' found near Phoenix Police precinct, department says
- 2 hospitalized after Chandler bee attack
- Woman killed in north Phoenix hit-and-run
- Man found shot, killed at Phoenix apartment
- Over 7,600 gallons of fuel leaking on I-10 after semi crash in Tonopah
- Chandler Boulevard and 44th Street, Phoenix: "Firefighters were dispatched (6:11pm) to 4411 E Chandler Blvd for the reports of a structure fire. On arrival crews found a kitchen grease fire on the first floor of a two story apartment complex. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames, preventing the extension to an upstairs unit. At this time, four people will be displaced. The Community Assistance Program is on the scene to assist with the tenants needs," Phoenix Fire said.
- Police investigating bomb threat at Maricopa High School
- Police situation closes I-10 near Mini Stack in Phoenix
- Motorcyclist killed in crash on Loop 202, DPS says
To see last week's crime and public safety alerts, check here.